Alpinestars Al Mega Lx

Havent really got the time to strip and polish it but Dx sounds a good idea although Xt seems to be easier to get hold of. Had the Synchros stem lying around in the shed but it desperately needs some new bars and brake levers.

chrisv40":213xpxh5 said:
Havent really got the time to strip and polish it but Dx sounds a good idea although Xt seems to be easier to get hold of. Had the Synchros stem lying around in the shed but it desperately needs some new bars and brake levers.

well i guess it depends on what you want from it... whether its just a stop-gap, something to bash round on or could it be the start of a longterm project? i know dx isn't too plentiful but it does look nice and for me when i got my first mtb as a kid in '92 it was the groupset that i aspired to have...

chrisv40":3142kp33 said:

There were some NOS DX cantis going for £20 in the for sale section earlier. Also worth asking CTK if he sold his second DX drivetrain ;)
Hope this helps

Think it will get some new bars and cantis and ive got a nice old Lx rear mech to put on for now, may go Dx when i have a bit more cash to throw around. :D

Sorry my last post didn't read to clever, the al-mega LX did not exist is what I meant to say.

Looks a good buy for £50 I must say. Check out the old catalogues in the scans section to point you to a spec, both the al-mega XT and DX were stunning lookers. IMHO the best looking alpinestars year for graphics.

You might find yourself in luck with decals too. Gil_m is trying to reproduce some 1991 ti-mega decals at the moment, you might be able to utilise most of those or ask if he can change the ti to al!

All the best with it.

well worth 50 quid m8
deffo repainted tho
the white ones were dx i think
there was also red ,black and bluey/purlpey colourways
the white ones were faster :LOL:

I want it !!!! please.

Are you up for selling the Al-Mega have been looking for a 1991 frame for ages, what size is it?

Back