Alpinestars Al Mega DX

OldFrank

Retro Guru
Having managed to kick the retro habit for many years I find I have fallen off the wagon. :( I now need advice on a purple framed (1992?) Almega DX. Most of it is original, except for left side shifter brake bundle, bars and stem. Maybe skewers?
Does anyone have a spec list for these? Either that or a few hundred quid to take it off my hands and save me the anguish?

Ta!

Original Al-Mega? Nah, we didn't want to see any pictures. Did you check carefully for cracks? Alpinstar aluminum has a bit of a reputation...

Yeah, it's ok! I need left side st m071 brake shifter, alpinestars stem and megalite bars. I think. Seems to have original tyres in reasonable condition

That is super tidy, original TKO tyres on 231 rims as well. I have a catalogue spec list at home, I’ll forward it to you later today if you still need it. Like you said, it looks like the stem, and the handlebar are the only non original parts though. Super jealous of the condition of that Avocet saddle! I just finally got my hands on a good condition ‘92 DX like yours, but this is something else. I have an Alpinestars stem and handlebar on mine, the stem has some surface rust, but the handlebar is mostly tidy. I want use my blue answer hyperlite bar with a syncros or a-tac stem. Possible swapsies?

Latest posts

Back