Almost done... GI HARDCORE

agrove

Devout Dirtbag
Well, it started as a NOS GI Hardcore...
DSC_0006.jpg

Then, I got sick of the gears/hassle/constant up-keep. And did some machining of the spacers to make it a SS Machine. Its such a fun ride and the simplicity makes it even better. Along with a new saddle, and OURY lock-ons, This bike rides awesome.
0529071755a.jpg

0529071755.jpg

0529071754.jpg

Next up, and probly finally up, New Hardcore fork and lovehandle bars

Enjoy...

P.S. Not that you guys quite care about the new stuff... but the latest out of the basement
;)
GroveTwoX.jpg

more found here... http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p ... ost3059290

Hi Aaron,

The Hard Core has horizontal drop outs, but you still use the pulley thing. Really necessary?

I am personally not a strong believer in the ss and/or fixie concept, in particular as I see my buddys have more hassle with theirs than I with my gears.

Btw nice rig that 29er :cool:

Will there ever be a reissue of the Hard Core in 29 :?: :!: Makes me wondering whether the Hard Core would be too hard core for 29 wheels :?

Elev12k":2qj7wuii said:
Hi Aaron,

The Hard Core has horizontal drop outs, but you still use the pulley thing. Really necessary?

I am personally not a strong believer in the ss and/or fixie concept, in particular as I see my buddys have more hassle with theirs than I with my gears.

Melvin,

Yes, I find that no matter how hard i crank on the QR, the axle still slips in the dropouts and when I get pumping on a climb, the chain will pop off, I'll hit the ground, and wonder what happened till I look more closely. Plus it adds a little bling AND a bit of resistance ;)

Honestly, I can't say that hes every discussed that... That'd sure be an interesting concept...

Aaron,

What you could do is replacing the current axle by a longer axle with nuts. You should be able to tighten that more thoroughly.

Elev12k":1xr8hswm said:
Aaron,

What you could do is replacing the current axle by a longer axle with nuts. You should be able to tighten that more thoroughly.
\

Yeah, I had pondered that idea, but as is right now, it allows for some slack in changing of cogs depending on the riding i'm doing as well. It doesnt take up much tension, but enough. I LOVE LOVE LOVE! riding singlespeed, but at some point a 29'er with a 1x8 will be a little more practical for my riding... In the mean-time, its making me a LOT stronger and i'm loving every minute of it.

Back