Airbourne Mosquito Ti frame - SOLD

hoegaardenadds1":i6kc8q0y said:
dont fancy swapping for a voodoo wanga frame do ya?

No thanks pal, this is a bike culling zone at the moment.

Besides, id build this and use it if I had room and money for it :(

I've also seen this frame in the flesh and its mint. Absolutely gorgeous and light as a feather, if I wasn't so skint, i'd be seriously considering it, if only to hang on the wall till I could afford to build it.

Lovely frame - is it big for a 17"?

Hi there,

Love the frame - I have seen them close up and a lot of care goes into them!
I am 5'8" and have owned a couple of 17" bikes (clockworks) that were too small, and also an 18" that always seemed to big (marin team issue). Waht height are you and how did you find it?

Also, I have a pair of pace rigid forks I hope to use, but am unsure about using them with a frame meant for suspension forks - what were you running on it and did you ever try rigid forks?

Cheers,

Ben

Re: Lovely frame - is it big for a 17"?

haberdashery":16htd9pu said:
Hi there,

Love the frame - I have seen them close up and a lot of care goes into them!
I am 5'8" and have owned a couple of 17" bikes (clockworks) that were too small, and also an 18" that always seemed to big (marin team issue). Waht height are you and how did you find it?

Also, I have a pair of pace rigid forks I hope to use, but am unsure about using them with a frame meant for suspension forks - what were you running on it and did you ever try rigid forks?

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben, Thanks for your message.
im just over 6 feet tall but have a fairly short inseam for my height at 31", so this frame suited me really well with its sloping geometry.
The one thing I would say is that the top tube is fairly long, so that would have a factor on whether you would be comfortable on it.
Do you prefer short top tubes?
If you ran a really short stem at approx 70/80mm you may find it suits you well, depends on what your preferences are I guess.

As for rigid forks, I thought about a similar build myself. Never actualyl tried it out but it would be so light that it would fly!
If your forks are around 440mm axle to crown then you would have no probs.
Rgds
J

Latest posts

Back