Advice. Been doing DIY again

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Me and a heavy spanner & a file. Tried to remove this old star nut and fit a new one. Can i still remove the old one :(

do you know any panel beaters? If so we use a special slide hammer to take door hinge pins out, im thinking that that would be perfect for pulling that bastad out!

You could try making your own out of some bar stock and some heavy weight that can slide up and down the shaft (ooer)

124790.jpg

the post of the big pictures

brute force ,sorry to say

they aren't designed to go up the way tho

mattbrown":b49c68c6 said:
i just used a long screwdriver and hammer, and attack it from the bottom.

I can't other wise i would :roll:

I will find a bigger hammer and screwdriver and work on the star parts :shock:

Thanks all. Oh and the chances of me making a tool like that are bigger than winning the lotto :oops: :LOL:
But will look out for a panel beater :)

hmmmm, why did you need to remove it?

as you have found out, they are not easy to remove, which is how it is supposed to be - the star arms dig into the metal as you try to pull it out.

if the other end is open, you normally bash tehm out but that doesn't appear to be so in your case.

therefore you need to break it for it to come out - drilling it one way.

looks like yours is on tis side, you can try hooking a peice of wire and pulling it although I suspect that may not be strong enough.

else leave it in and fit another star nut.

(I don't think I could live with it like that as the redundant nut would grate on me but others I am sure would).

02gf74":qnxcnq8c said:
hmmmm, why did you need to remove it?

else leave it in and fit another star nut.

(I don't think I could live with it like that as the redundant nut would grate on me but others I am sure would).

The star arm looked past it's best plus i have so many star nuts that a nice new one would be good.
Leave it :shock: that would add 10 grams :oops: So agree with you i couldn't do that. It must come out

Back