Acacio vintage rare (maybe Portuguese) mtb frame

Darton

Manitou Fan
Hi Mates,

Does anybod know the Acacio brand, bike, anything?
I have a really old mtb Acacio frame (probably came from the name of Acácio da Silva, former racer), but I could not find any relevant information on the net (in this case google was not my best friends...). How much it could be worth?
1 1/8 headtube, 68mm BB width, 510mm seattube, 575mm toptube.
Thanks in advance
1664981390967.jpg 1664981390977.jpg
1664981390945.jpg 1664981390955.jpg 1664981390934.jpg 1664981390962.jpg

This might be a good example of how being rare only adds market value in the context of a demand curve. If there's no demand, it doesn't matter how rare the item, the market value is rock bottom, bugger all, zilch. Sadly, in this case, if nobody's heard of the brand, there won't be much interest, and the price will be no more than it would be for an unbranded, generic frame. However, it might be worth weighing the frame: if it's sub-2kg, that would be a selling point and an indication of a certain quality of tubing. If it's sub-1.9kg, I would quote the exact weight in the sales listing. I'm sorry that this is probably not the response you were hoping for but, in the absence of any further info about the bike, I think it's the best that can be said.

I am hoping to get some info about the frame (or some general rules about the quality of tubes) and I got it :) thanks!

Acacio was/is ? , the brand name of frames/bikes sold by Acacio Da Silva a Portuguese road pro who lived in Luxembourg . In 1994/5 I raced a couple of two day road races in Luxembourg and a couple of riders were on Acacio road bikes .

Latest posts

Back