A very important decision......

haggis

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Following another late night impulse buy and the success of GTetcs' poll to choose a new user name i have decided to enlist the help of my fellow Retrobikers in choosing my new steed. I have been scanning most of the night and cant decide on which bike i should go for next and was hoping for some suggestions. The only real criteria i have is that it must be something of v.good quality from the mid-nineties and that i'm quite fond of a sloping top tube, stemming from my love of Konas. Your help as always is greatly appreciated.

Stew

ooh, want something different than the rest? A Sloping TT with some race geometry that tears up the single track?

How about an EWR E-motion?

That would be cool. :cool:

cheers,

rody

ps...any pics with your fork yet?

Attachments

• ewr e motion.jpg
    ewr e motion.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 1,377
All good

All good suggestions but i'm thinking because of availability issue, the Rocky Mountain sounds the most feasible. Dont know much about Brodie except that they had something to do with Kona BITD. Checked out their '95 catalogue in the archives and it sounds all good. Never heard of Eastern Woods Research before so would definitely like to know more about them. Going to have to start scanning the net tonight for some info. As for the forks Rody, well they're stonking! you were right about changing the lines on them to suit the Kona. They look fantastic and of course they ride brilliantly, just need to get a new battery for my digital camera and i'll get some pics posted as soon as :D Anymore suggestions are welcome though guys as i'm going to build this one up over time and the frame will be one of the last things i buy i think. Unless of course i make yet another late night impulse purchase :D

Rocky Mountain altitude!

Would be the frameset to go for IMHO! I had a mid 90s one and of all the steel bikes ive had including some very rare beauties i would say th RM was the best handling and most compliant frame i ever rode.

My 19 inch weighed 4.3 pounds and was so sweet on single track and swoopy trails. My crap back was the only reason i sold it.

Trust me you would not regret buying one. :D

Good luck with finding your next scoot!

Cheers,Al

RM

Thats the one that i've been looking at in the archives just now al. I take it the Blizzard replaced the Altitude as RMs' top of the range steel bike?

Yes,But dont be fooled try and hunt down an altitude they are just that much nicer.I promise!

Cheers,Al

Cool

sound advice i'm sure al but how does an Altitude rate to a DeKerf SL as thats another bike thats been high on my list for a while?

Back