A Very British Klunker

The National Cycle Museum also have an example of the BSA Santa Fe in their collection.View attachment 570974
I assume this has had a paint job but doesn't seem to share my blue seat and chainstays. They are missing it's bumpers and chain guard so I got in contact with them and will donate them to the museum , it also looks not to have decals so depending on how things pan out I'm sure they could be furnished with some decals too.
Lovely touch. I hope they find a chainguard too. Nice to see the bike coming along. I'm glad you got the bike from me. Jamed

Lovely touch. I hope they find a chainguard too. Nice to see the bike coming along. I'm glad you got the bike from me. Jamed
Thanks James.. just finishing building the wheels but have been waylaid by house projects so need to devote some more time soon, as very close to finishing .

Thanks James.. just finishing building the wheels but have been waylaid by house projects so need to devote some more time soon, as very close to finishing .
I knew of this bike a year before I was travelling near enough to Midlands to view it. The guy was an avid bike rescuer. I remember him telling me about a bike nut friend who'd bought a Santa Fe in much better condition for £10 at a car boot. The seller was going to find his contact details, but I never heard, he must have forgotten. So there's at least one more out there.

After a bit of a hiatus in having any time to play in the garage, finally got my arse in gear and built up the rear wheel. I have to say the choice of the sturmey archer drum hubs and single walled alloy rim for my first ever wheel build really tested my patience but got there in the end. Started off with this after lacing 20220712_152647.jpg

And after centering in the frame to work out the dishing and about an hour of truing got this... 20220712_165953.jpg

Will leave for a couple of days before doing a final true, then I can finally get the bike built up. Me and Peachy are still keen to run Reyt Pack but
if it is to be this year it's looking like mid October

I would have loved to keep the original paint but it really is too far gone. I will colour match as near as I can. The decals have almost been rubbed off and I feared they would be lost if the bike was used as I intend too.
Tricky one

Nice work....was watching a couple of wheel building vids at the weekend, will def give it a go at some point soon...must be very rewarding.

this guy had a decent tutorial.

Latest posts

Back