A Very British Klunker

It has a layer of clear coat on it. This stuff is used on car wheels so I'm sure it will be ok
Whew, that’s a relief, someone knew what they were doing, probably one of the new water based clear coats. Let us know if it stains. A silver powder coat with two powder clear coats is only $100 here for a frame and fork but my last one started to stain after a few weeks of use. This wasn’t what I wanted but it looked like patina and the bike is 100 years old so it’s ok. I would silver powder another frame if I could keep it from staining. Thanks for any input.

I'll let you know. My local powdercoater Tim has done a huge amount of stuff for me in the past and is always very honest about how something will turn out and what I should or shouldn't do.

Nice work.
BTW have you cleaned up the original forks as well or have they gone off to the museum with the bits & bats?

Squeaky Bum time shortening and re-threading the steerer tube, worked out that if I tapered the top bit of the steerer it guides the rest in better to help keep the thread straight. Will cut that bit off once the headset is on the frame and I know the exact length.
20220205_180000.jpg

Back