A most unwelcome guest

tintin40 said:
alanf said:
UK airports & ports are a good entry port for Black Widows oh and grapes. So check you black grapes carefully. Please send me a pm if you get one free with your grapes and i'll pop over and take away. quote]

squished or unsquished? tbh if we get one of them in the house the chances of it not being squished in the rush for the door is very unlikely!
:LOL:

I'm presently house sitting for a neighbour that has a red kneed mexican tarantula! they shed their skin and he keeps the empty husks and give them to his fire brigade mates, who then mount it in a nice little display case and sell them in aid of the fire brigade charity, a couple of years back we popped round to see in the new year with them, unkown to me the red kneed beast had shed and he had the husk in a open cigar box on the table..... yep you guessed it, I put my glass down saw this thing loose on the table, jumped 6' in the air, screamed like a teenage girl at a jonas bro gig and promtly woke the dead SCREAMING
THE @@@@ING SPIDERS LOOSE!
much to the amusement of all the other guests :oops: he keeps the box closed now if I'm about :oops:

alanf":1bgzagfz said:
squished or unsquished? tbh if we get one of them in the house the chances of it not being squished in the rush for the door is very unlikely!
:LOL:

:shock: un :LOL:

Tarantulas are great fun. I've had 4 of those over the years. But they really need lots of space. I had a fully grown salmon pink boy she was big and bad tempered showed me her fangs all the time and flick her hairs at me. The first day i got her she went for the cat. The cat flew out the house :LOL:
When i worked in a hospital i nearly got the sack because i kept a Tarantula in my locker complete with small fish tank and light bulb to keep her warm. At lunch time we would feed her and watch the action as the bugs got eaten one by one.
Good ol days :LOL:

These guys look cool - improving numbers in dorset...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/14479661
_54534173_ladybirdspider.jpg

I was reading about them this morning to. Lovely spider. Makes a nice change for the UK.

Khane":xue4ov59 said:
cyfa2809":xue4ov59 said:
I had a mate who demolished his years old shed and came across a massive white spider in the process (reckoned no sun? :? )
Said to be about 5'' across, maybe more

that just sent shivers down my spine :?

and me :(

I don't have a problem with spiders - quite like them in fact - but my uncle lives in Oz and says that if you leave your car windows open, quite often the big spiders get in and go for a sleep on top of the sun visors in your car.

So you get back in, drive down the road a bit, flip down the sun visor, MASSIVE spider drops into your lap...

djoptix":2m7td2ga said:
I don't have a problem with spiders - quite like them in fact - but my uncle lives in Oz and says that if you leave your car windows open, quite often the big spiders get in and go for a sleep on top of the sun visors in your car.

So you get back in, drive down the road a bit, flip down the sun visor, MASSIVE spider drops into your lap...

reminds me of ... http://youtu.be/Jmbv8kevQ-E :shock:

djoptix":1vhi9ug8 said:

thats the last time i flip a sun visor down in a car :? :LOL:

Back