A little advice please re: purpled-up Kona Cinder Cone...

Harryburgundy":2d4dhhca said:
well...woke up this morning to be very surprised at winning the auction :shock: :!:
I was thinking of putting in a bid of £301, would that have been enough? I thought there'd be plenty of profit in that, but I was fully expecting snipes to come in and push it up a lot higher than that.

But to be honest, I didn't have the heart to just split it up, as the seller had put so much effort into creating his perfect purple bike. When companies do it, it's called asset stripping! And in any case, I didn't want to become known as a purple parts person.

But it's ironic that you should buy it, because even you had trouble selling your superb Kilauea as a complete bike, didn't you? Just goes to show that people like building up their own design and don't really want to buy somebody else's design, no matter how good it is.

Well, for starters, £301 would have bought it. In fact £266 would have bought it. My maximum bid was purely speculative at £265, which is why I was so surprised to have won the auction.

Builds/colour choices etc are obviously subject to personal taste. Personally I don't think the purple/blue combo did the bike any favours. Sorry George if you are reading this.....I will be splitting the bike and may keep a few bits for my own use. I would call it releasing some of the lovely purple components for another (in my opinion, more appropriate) build, rather than asset stripping which has rather negative connotations.

My Kilauea is going to resurface soon as a singlespeeder...a style of riding I have recently embraced. Some Eno Cranks are on their way from the states. Its going to suit me perfectly, and I think steel frames 'look' the best singlespeeders, so now I'm quite happy it didn't sell.

Serendipity...one of my favourite words :D

Re: Nice...

Tomahawk kid":3jliukl9 said:
Nice buy maybe you should change your name to 'Harrybargainbuy' :LOL:

:LOL: It has a certain ring to it :LOL: Unfortunately I don't seem to do so well when I sell stuff....harryjustaboutbreakseven ?....nah. doesn't work.

Back