A little advice please re: purpled-up Kona Cinder Cone...

jawj

Dirt Disciple
Hi gang,
As you may have spotted I'm seeling this on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=010

It's truly my pride 'n' joy and I kinda need to get a few quid for it BUT it's not generating too many bids so far.
I was wondering what you guys think I should do:
a) Risk seeing the auction through to the end and see how much it goes for or...
b) Doing as many would like and cancel the auction, painfully split the bike and sell the bits seperately?

Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Cheers!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
How much were you hoping to see for it? It's clearly worth more in bits, but whether it's worth splitting it depends on how much you need the money & how highly you value the time spent taking it apart, listing & posting everything...

I'd have at least taken the bottle cages off first!

To be honest an awful lot of people hold off bidding until literally the last minute, however as you say it is a gamble.

Perhaps consider re listing (or editing your listing if you can) to add a reserve price.

I was watching the auction with the intention to split it down keeping some bits and selling on what i didnt require, as I could probably have covered my costs that way.

I would say it will go for a lot more than it is at now (£102.00), from previous experience bids will go insane during the last mins.

How many watchers have you got ?

Selling in bits will get you more cash, but a reserve is also well worth it and would have set you back about £3.00 at time of listing, as you have bids you will be unable to add a reserve.

Heh heh heh, that IS sneaky, GM, you devil!
I'll see how things go. I've had a couple of new eBayers email me to ask if they can bid, so the interest is there, I hope!
I really don't want to split it it up, not cos of the hassle, but it would be heartbreaking...
Thanks for all your suggestions guys, and, you never know, all those shiny bits might be available seperately if I can bring myself to do it...

Hello, as I have place 2 bids on it so far but someone place a higher bid than me, I think it would be unfair and sneaky if you did withdraw the auction out at the last few hours, I mean that what ebay is all about, sometime you win and sometime you lose, I personally believe you will get a good price for it, it's the last few minutes that people go crazy on it.

Take a gamble and let the auction run to the end.

Well, Guybe, in honour of your faithful bidding I reckon I will let the auction run to the end.
I've thought and thought about this damn/beautiful bike and realised that I do indeed need to pass it on as soon as possible. The current price isn't all that bad and hopefully more people with more time than me will see it as a bit of an investment with a profit to be made on the bits.
Oh, and Guybe, are you promising to go mental in the last few minutes of the auction...? ;-)

jawj":1ieifwfb said:
Oh, and Guybe, are you promising to go mental in the last few minutes of the auction...? ;-)

lol, I have placed my max bid for it and it's still not enough, I dont have that much cash for it! anyway good luck on the sale and hope you get a good price for it, all the best.

I really wouldn't worry mate- always the case with the bay. The frame looks in really good nick and I'd be bidding like mad if I was anywhere near you... :LOL:

Kona...

If I where you I'd let it run ....take the risk as always people will be bidding last minute by the componentry alone it'll go for over £400 imho :D

Back