A Hustler, 2 Handjobs and the elusive G Spot (Cove content)

So, shock update for the G Spot. I managed to find a seal kit from Canada and I’m going to attempt to fix the 5th Element myself. Fingers crossed. Never worked on a shock before.

IMG_0248.jpeg

But… as a back up I found this Cane Creek Double Barrel on eBay and managed to get it for £55. Seems to be what I need. It was listed as 200mm and that seems about right but no stroke was mentioned. A rough measurement with the spring on seems to be 50mm so I may have just lucked out.

That’s if it works. But then again it has a TF Tuned sticker and they look like they still service them so… maybe I can send it to them for a quick repair if needed.

IMG_0259.jpeg
IMG_0260.jpeg
IMG_0261.jpeg

They still sold the Double Barrel until recently so lots of places do them, and the seal kit for the 5th is the same as the Manitou Swinger 6 and both use standard sized o-rings that are still used in other shocks today. My mate down at Sprung Suspension in the FOD did the Swinger on my Rotec last year so if you end up needing support I'm sure they'd sort you out with servicing the 5th.

Back