A couple of sunny stumpy pics!

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I took my 88' Stumpy for a 25 miler over the Purbecks yesterday afternoon.
Scared myself to death a few times, trying to take the same lines at the same speed as I do on my more modern Rock Lobster, but thoroughly enoyed myself.
So much so that I'm doing a 30 miler on her tomorrow :D

CIMG0269.jpg

CIMG0272.jpg

Nice, do you find there is a lot of difference in the way the bike responds, not just how comfortable they are.

I cant remember how my bikes felt when i was 15 years old. I used to think i was quite quick back then.

I find that it climbs almost as well as my Rock Lobster but I was a passenger on some of the fast rocky sections, and the extra braking distances required me to focus the mind somewhat!
But thats why we ride retro isn't it....its more of a challenge.

Here is a pic of the different bikes being ridden by myself and my mate...

CIMG0266.jpg

I had to wait for him at the bottom of the downhills and the top of the climbs :D

awsome picture comparison.. they have come a long way!!

Still have a huge love for retro speccy's even my (not so retro) 2003 spesh looks damm good.

My cousin and auntie both had Stumpies in that colour, probably a year or two after though, so when they brought them together they must have been old stock. I don't remember the U brake near the bb but as I remember they both had bright yellow saddles.

Rich Aitch":2vsd5g3j said:
My cousin and auntie both had Stumpies in that colour, probably a year or two after though, so when they brought them together they must have been old stock. I don't remember the U brake near the bb but as I remember they both had bright yellow saddles.

They would have been 89's then. The 89' had regular canti's all round.
Love this colour scheme :cool:

This hadn't planned to be my MM training ride James, but I've certainly put more miles though the stumpy than I have any of my other U-brakers recently.
Just been for a 7 mile spin along the beach on ol' UU though. Fitted some NOS roller-cams last week :D

nice stumpie i remember looking at one just like that BITD and thinking wish i had. Bought a Muddy Fox instead :? :LOL:

stumpys

i love that colour scheme, you never see any in that colour or the grey/white paint job of the stumpy team from 88? where are they hiding?

Back