A 2000 frame...but is it retro?

This is proper Retro,
which ought to mean "in the style of vintage but modern.

There are quite a few nice vintage bikes like this - what's the difference?

They certainly are a quirky design. Seeing as they were designed to be racey with that very short wheelbase, it'll be interesting to see how your build comes out.

They certainly are a quirky design. Seeing as they were designed to be racey with that very short wheelbase, it'll be interesting to see how your build comes out.
The idea was a build with the things I've loved racing on over the decades.
But I also nearly lost my legs two years ago, so part of the agenda was a bike that clearly wasn't a Strava beater, and something I could ride about in shorts and t shirt.
Problem was that a lot of stuff I liked would simply be too old and probably to hard to ride in my condition.
I last raced on Sram Force 10 speed, but this is having 11 speed so I'll have a climbing gear.
I loved Concor saddles, this has an up to date Concor with cut outs. Cinelli Criterium bars on a Cinelli Record stem. Dura Ace seat post.
As for wheels, I'll probably build two sets. Ive built a set of basic R460 24/28 on Bitex colour matching hubs and Challenge Strada Bianca tyres, I'd have used Vittoria Open Pave if they were still available.
Using Candy pedals

Back