99 steel Kona Caldera Frame+bits, 4 sale again+LOADS O PICs

geezer

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ok I know the original ad and responses are nearly a year old, but the frame and bits are up for sale again now, and this time I really have to sell, (still have 4 bikes and 3 frames 5 forks etc etc)

When I posted the original ad I was let down twice so took that as a sign (karma/kismet?) to keep the bike, which I built up into a road/street SS again and rode in the summer, but it has been sitting in the spare room for the past few months, so has to go.

So below is the original wording of the ad, all the bits are included, scroll down for the many pics.

Kona Caldera Frame with bits

Frame has quite a few scratches/scrapes (I got it like that) I was running it as my runaround street SS with the intension of restoring it later on, but I'm being forced to cut my collection (had 11 down to 6 now). The frame rides really well and is quite light, I was thinking of getting it sprayed white and getting the early 90's retro decals.

size

C to C is 16"

C to top is 19"

Double butted cromoly frame, the Orange/Redish one, quite a few chips, scratches and cable rubs, just had a brand new Tioga Headset fitted a few months ago, the head tube/headset is 1 1/8".

P2's in good condition just a few scratches and a bit of rubbing on the right leg, these were bought off ebay early last year.

Also comes with original :

Seat post
Seat Clamp
Stem
Handlebar
front mech
rear mech

£70 posted

Sorry for the delay in getting the pics, as you can see there are loads, worts an all, I forgot about the rusty bit on the top-tube so forgot to mention it as the frame was in the loft, it's not as bad as it looks in the pic's, it's not deep at all nothing a bit of sand blasting or sanding won't sort out, (I was going to get it blasted and powder coated) so it didn't bother me.

letmetalktomark, Sorry bit of a mistake on the size C to C is 16" C to top is 19", I also ride an 18" 2003 Caldera which looks identical in size to this one hence thought this was 18" too, I'm 5'10" and it fits me fine.

The mechs are also included in the sale.

Open to offers.

Links to pics below (larger or specific ones available)

Attachments

• cal1.JPG
    cal1.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 4,122
  • cal2.JPG
    cal2.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 4,121
  • cal24.JPG
    cal24.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 4,121
  • cal19.JPG
    cal19.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 4,121
LOADS of pics

t6wnig.jpg

9uvw9f.jpg

e1sic.jpg

2ptaz9w.jpg

ftnhfr.jpg

kn8uh.jpg

izq4xj.jpg

w1fdrd.jpg

210in4m.jpg

2z4h2cx.jpg

348n23o.jpg

1zy7c40.jpg

2eevio6.jpg

2q3narb.jpg

2h8381u.jpg

14w574m.jpg

30axouf.jpg

352jf4i.jpg

9a5l51.jpg

1zev43d.jpg

358roxv.jpg

2u7oz7n.jpg

jj4npk.jpg

2mww45w.jpg

xdxr7m.jpg

sfw5tj.jpg

2cr3x94.jpg

2hhm1yc.jpg

ir5agg.jpg

24pgbqq.jpg

8wzevr.jpg

That's the closest I've ever come to having too many pics of a Kona!

This is a 1999 bike, the last year the Caldera was made from cromoly. It is made from generic 4130, has a double-butted front triangle as per the Lava Dome (Cinder Cone already defected to aluminium by then), but was at a level higher than the Lava Dome and earlier Cinder Cones in having butted stays as well. And yes, that really does make a difference!

With all due respect to all parties involved, and neither knowing the seller nor wanting to buy a size 19 bike, the price seems very reasonable to me for such a high-quality frame plus some bits.

Thanks Anthony, for filling in the gaps, as you can tell I am clueless :oops::D, and thanks for the recommendation too. you're a Diamond Geezer

And collection is possible too in North/East London

Thanks for the interest.

Sorry provisionally Sold, but will let you know if anything changes(I have had 2 buyers changing their mind on me) :(

Back