98+ BoTM 98+ Bike of The Month September 2024, now taking entries

It is a really hard one already but seeing Ben's Duster come to life and knowing how much he enjoys it already, it is the one I'm set on.

@Imlach , can always count on you to bring out I’ve never heard of before.

Well I think he should be whipped, tarred and feathered and receive a temporary ban because he never did a build thread. Well he did sort of post pictures and said what he was doing in various parts over the forum at ungodly times. I have moaned to him a few times :p Probably I'm just being grumpy and unfair since my build now is in the hands of an Asian logistics provider and a new messy hub in the outskirts of Paris as a consequence of changing my mind again and not getting a grip.

Plus he's pipped me with a very nice entry and some very nice more obscure Ti.

Filling up nicely already. Two front derailleurs so far. :cool:🤘:D Lovely pictures @PhillB

Three bikes in a row that I love, this isn't going to be easy.

Agree. The top three entered. From top to bottom in chronological entered ordered - born race fast and truly an immaculate faithful top notch race grade build, then after, not as fast but holds up and fun to ride which we look at think "yeah" we can have some trash fun, and then the third, how he sees the world amongst many many other bikes and what even a Norba race geometry with a lightweight Ti chassis can be and holds up to be adapted and makes the journey to conceive something very special for him.

I love it. No right or wrong. Voting is going to be very very hard already.

Well, I'll lob an Orange into the mix.....

Carge's 2011 Orange R8

img_4280-jpg.660762

img_4704-jpeg.743790

Build thread here:-
https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/orange-r8-time-for-some-halifax-steel.445721/

boy"O"boy's 2015 Cotic Soul MK4
1000013227.jpg

No build thread for this one...
My chosen ride for this weekend's British Heart Foundation London to Brighton off-road 2024. Much more forgiving over the 62 miles than a retro ride. Rode the same event on it last year and it was superb!
1000010534.jpg
Pic from last year's event. Will update with one from this year when I'm done 👍🏻

Cheers
boy"O"boy

Last edited:
Back