'96 Judy sl / xc restoration - paint amd sticker advice

AndyBikerMonkey

Dirt Disciple
Hi,
I've now got all the bits I need to build my forks but wondered whether anybody had experience with painting the lowers and if so, what sort of primer to use or If powder coating is the best option? Functional they are but pretty they ain't :roll:

To finish them off I'd love some shiny new stickers but they don't seem to come up anywhere...any ideas of how to get these nowadays?

Any advice welcome :)

I wouldn't buy the decals off EBay...The Ink ran off in my fingers, the set I had...I then went & got a set off Gil M on here & as usual he's the Nuts!!!

Are 96 like mine?? As I'm not sure if mine are 95?...obviously except the Judy XC Which will read SL as per the Pic.

Attachments

• RL_RT_Forks.jpg
    RL_RT_Forks.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 906
  • Judy SL.jpg
    Judy SL.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 906
claret73":38r7v4wc said:
I wouldn't buy the decals off EBay...The Ink ran off in my fingers, the set I had...I then went & got a set off Gil M on here & as usual he's the Nuts!!!

Are 96 like mine?? As I'm not sure if mine are 95?...obviously except the Judy XC Which will read SL as per the Pic.
Andy, I think the decals on your SL are from '96. The older version looks like the XC decal (except with "SL" instead of "XC").

Good tip on the Ebay decals. I see them pop up all the time, so figured they would do the trick. You can't go wrong with decals from Gil!

Uh Oh! Sorry for any misleads...
The SL's aren't mine, just an image to say 'Are these 96?'...The XC's are mine. I had them done at a paint shop. Powder coated but because they are Magnesium legs, they had to prep with some base coat (?) prior to coating...I'm down there next week, so will ask them what they actually did...

The XC's are mine in those Pics, so if I'm about tomorrow I'll take some close ups for you of the forks. Especially around the seals. Got to say though I've had no issues!!! But Judy's & SL's to say are very easy rebuilds...I have the Guy's email, so can ping him & ask for you...

If you're thinking of getting yours done, I can recommend them. GravyMonster on here put me in touch. They coated my Lobster & Judy XC's.
http://www.realitymotorworks.com/ ask for Nick

Latest posts

Back