'96 Judy SL - Rebuild Advice

I can add to the wings springs comments, but on older manitou forks. There were a pain to fit as they were extremely tight to get in (I was using the two stage spring kit), but ok other than that.

Not sure if customers from older manitous will fit, but I have a hard one somewhere (expect double entendres to follow) if it will be of any use. Ice also got a Judy xc fork that I was going to use for donor parts, but not needed to. Might be some useful bits inside?

Thanks for all the help and advice so far :)

I was looking at the Wings kit as one of my options but I don't think I'll be going down that route any more.

Does anyone have any useful links for Risse? I think I'll contact them to see if they've got a damper and dummy leg available. I'll get some Kronos springs too.

www.risseracing.com

Best to email them, he said that their online shop isn't geared up for UK postage correctly.

But they definitely have the parts as I only ordered and fitted mine last month or two.

Actually, looking on there now they are doing a kit with dummy leg, damping cartridge AND springs! Bugger! Wish they told me that when I was ordering, I even said I was looking for springs in my emails to them.

Well, at least you have an option there :)

Nem":8w6x573l said:
www.risseracing.com

Best to email them, he said that their online shop isn't geared up for UK postage correctly.

But they definitely have the parts as I only ordered and fitted mine last month or two.

Actually, looking on there now they are doing a kit with dummy leg, damping cartridge AND springs! Bugger! Wish they told me that when I was ordering, I even said I was looking for springs in my emails to them.

Well, at least you have an option there :)

Thanks Nem :)

Just been into their store - are the GEM cartridges the right ones for '96 Judys then? Think I'll treat myself to the complete 75mm kit if they are :)

The kit which I had was for the 95/96 Judy's with the 5mm lower shaft bolts. Mine being the 97 fork I had to source some of the 5mm bolts instead of the 8mm ones which I took off mine. I'm not sure if they actually have both as I forgot to ask about it.

So should be exactly what you are after I believe.

Nem":18hn80ih said:
The kit which I had was for the 95/96 Judy's with the 5mm lower shaft bolts. Mine being the 97 fork I had to source some of the 5mm bolts instead of the 8mm ones which I took off mine. I'm not sure if they actually have both as I forgot to ask about it.

So should be exactly what you are after I believe.

Excellent - I've just fired off an email to them to say what I'm after. As soon as they get back to me I think I'll be getting some. Thanks again.

Back