94bcd middle and 58bcd granny chainrings plus long bolts

walkmanman

Senior Retro Guru
Hi all,
As in the title if you've chainrings with this bcd going spare then please drop a line. I'd prefer silver coloured but others might be OK. And of course they must be in pretty tidy nick. The long chainring bolts are because the granny ring has to screw into the crank spider with spacers in between. Just as with the very early XT cranks and others.
And I'm also still after an inner ring to fit my Middleburn three arm spider cranks. That or a 4/5 arm spider.

Re:

Ive got some brand new suntour xc pro lomg bolts and spacers. Still in their packet. May have inner and middle rings too, will need to check.

Still have the duo ring set, I know you only want inner though.

Hi again, it seems like you'd be the correct person to ask about exotic chainrings and such:)
I'm not after nos kit though, as I realise that used kit is pretty pricey anyway, and im also after quite ordinary/unbranded chainrings where possible, so not with the collectable names. If you think you'd have some of these, then yes please look for what you might have in your parts box. And thanks for repeating your offer of the ring set but yes I am still preferring a single ring. Or new spider.

Re:

Ill take a look later this evening. I like to think my prices aren't exotic even when selling nos stuff, as its a hobby for all us enthusiasts :)

Thanks, although I'm a bit puzzled how your reply seems to be defending your prices as though I'd said they're pricey when talking about exotic, after I hadn't mentioned prices when talking about exotic but only referred to exotic chainrings, and later mentioned nos and big names, which wasn't then linked to yourself. I don't know enough about you personally to say whether you ask a lot for nos or big name kit, but feel it's generally the case that this stuff is expensive (compared to the other kit I mentioned) and sold to the collectors and enthusiasts, but I myself am generally happy with the quality kit but don't mind tatty condition:) This is what I was trying to get across.

Re:

I'm not defending my prices, nor did I read anything into your post, i just having a bit of a friendly pop at prices in general as they have been going up and up with no end in sight.

I just sold a set of m952 arms, nos 104 bcd spider and an m952 bb for what a bb would go for. Just doing my part to keep us retro bikers building if I can :)

Re:

Some pics for you. A couple of 104 bcd hope spiders (a triple and a double) and some 94bcd middle rings.

Can grab some of the bolts if you want some.

Attachments

• PSX_20201222_201049.jpg
    PSX_20201222_201049.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 641
  • PSX_20201222_201017.jpg
    PSX_20201222_201017.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 641
  • PSX_20201222_200950.jpg
    PSX_20201222_200950.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 641
  • PSX_20201222_200921.jpg
    PSX_20201222_200921.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 641
Sure, although it was the combination of the three facts of your having referred to prices out of no where- without giving the usual chatting runup of 'BTW' etc- together with your conspicuously saying what you did immediately following my having referred to prices, whilst using the term exotic which I had noticeably used, so IMO most people would fairly assume you were reacting to my comment on prices and were reacting in the way I said. But not problem for me, like I said I was just a bit puzzled until you explained the situation, but I'm sure you'll be conscious of the above in future.
But talking about prices, you haven't mentioned any for the bits in the pics?

Re:

Its just friendly banter eluding to wallet friendly prices despite the current upward trend.

So spider price: £20. Rings £5 each and the nos bolts and spacers £10.

Postage would be £3 up to 1kg. If you wanted to duo rings as well I'd throw them in for £20.

I want to keep one of the spiders for a set of cranks I have.

Sure, just friendly banter- but I would have to say that your reaction that I described (how you read my original message) isn't explained by being "just" anything, whenever there's a reasonable and thought-through argument that has to be settled first. And you haven't settled my one. Most people would say that your attitude in doing this is a silly, bigotted one, which of course is rude. I'm sure you'll realise now that I'd rather not continue doing any business for this reason, but like I say, I'm sure you've now learnt to think before reading into any newcomers message and meeting it with silly defensive, cynical behaviour after their message was entirely innocent but you have to imagine innuendo. The community here doesn't need this cynicism and you it's ruining of the tone where its such a nice, well-meaning place.

Back