'93 Kona Lava Dome, frameset and more

Peterpoddy

Retrobike Rider
Hi, as this is my first sale on Retrobike and I don't have a big posting history here I thought I'd better introduce myself! :) I'm well known on Singletrackworld, and I use the same name on eBay too, so you can easily check me out. I'm based in Farnborough, Hants, but work near Bristol, which could be handy to know :)

Anyway, here I have for your perusal a 1993 Kona Lava Dome frameset.
Frame is an 18in silver to blue fade in original paintwork and decals
Forks are matching Triple Butted P2s
Stem is a matching Velocity, 130mm
Bars are matching Kona 165s
Holding the forks to the frame is a Kona Impact headset
And handily the rear brake cable clamp is present, which is rare these days

OK, Condition?
Bad Bits first!
I'm not going to beat about the bush here: It's well used. There's plenty of scrapes and chips and the odd bit of surface rust on every part. The driveside chainstay has suffered some chainsuck at some point in it's life and has been professionally repaired (it looks like) by a framebuilder with solder, and then smoothed out and left raw. The headset is probably close to it's last legs, it's pretty rough. The bars seem to have had a LOT of contrils removed and refitted. There's lots of marking on the ends.

OK, still with me?
So onto the good bits!
Everything is original and matching. Nothing has been covered up. It's a rough diamond if you like. Better to see it like this than badly bodged in my opinion!
I've been over it carefully and I can't see any cracks or dents in the frame
It's straight and true. The dropouts on frame and fork look spot on.
The BB threads are perfect (I'll check the other threads tomorrow but they look fine to me) All the cable guides and canti bosses are good.
Remember, in 1993 the Lava Dome frame was identical to the Cinder Cone apart from the paint!

Lots of good pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_atki ... 772878866/

I'll start the bidding at £95 posted for the lot! :)

Please email me direct on peterpoddy AT gmail DOT com please!

----------------------------------------
I also have some rim brake wheels with tubes and tyres which I'll include for £20 with the frame (SEE HERE) and I might be persuaded to part with a 68 x 122 UN72 Sq taper BB as well.....

Free bump.

This is my brother selling this and he is always honest with everything he sells, looks after stuff and should be packed well.
Hope this helps if you were worried about the zero posts thing.
Thanks
Rob

Poddy's brother...........arrgh! There's two of them! :LOL:

(Another endorsment from me- met PP a few times and he's a sound fella!) :)

headset

I'm interested in the impact headset if you would sell separately :?: ive got some cups and bearings just need the rest so if its rough i should be able to get it working smooth again and finish off my cinder cone single-speed project hopefully :)

Back