92 Kilauea

Thanks. I bought mine with a set of mag21s on it. Swapped them out for a set of 410 tb ahead p2s. I’ve since bought a set of 390 tb threaded p2s as I thought that’s what should be fitted. I just want to be sure I’m fitting the correct forks. The ahead set ups messing with my head, it needs to go back to threaded with an impact and velocity 😁.
Off topic but would be interested in your ahead P2's if you decide to sell them 👍

Can anyone tell me why the Kilauea does not feature in the '92 catalogue? I didn't even know it existed before now.

Can anyone tell me why the Kilauea does not feature in the '92 catalogue? I didn't even know it existed before now.
From what i gather it was introduced into the range late in 92 and 93 then the Kilauea got Tange Prestige tubing and the frame they used for the 92 Kilauea became the frames for the 93 Lavadome and Cindercone.

Last edited:
From what i gather it was introduced into the range late in 92 and 93 then the Kilauea got Tange Prestige tubing and the frame they used for the 92 Kilauea became the frames for the 93 Lavadome and Cindercone.
Hey Spanky, my dad ended up winning this (sorry you missed out!). He had the same bike in '92 and has regretted selling it ever since. He took my Kilauea for a spin last week and was hit with nostalgia. It'll be his third bike alongside a Canyon Ultimate and a Stan Pike (1976 road bike), so it'll be his first time able to go off-road again in years. I can see it getting A LOT of use. He's over the moon, and thought I'd let you know.

Hey Spanky, my dad ended up winning this (sorry you missed out!). He had the same bike in '92 and has regretted selling it ever since. He took my Kilauea for a spin last week and was hit with nostalgia. It'll be his third bike alongside a Canyon Ultimate and a Stan Pike (1976 road bike), so it'll be his first time able to go off-road again in years. I can see it getting A LOT of use. He's over the moon, and thought I'd let you know.
Nice one glad it's gone to a good home,i was bidding on it but the more i looked at the distance i would have to travel i backed out of it.

Back