92 diamond back sorrento.

ttocs2k8

Retro Newbie
So last week I picked up this all original 1992 diamond back sorrento that was in bad shape for £20.

Everything was original but changed over seat pole, rims and tyres.

Seat is a syncros Tofino saddle, specialized glx21 rims, billy bonkers tryes and zanker seat post.

It still has the Shimano gs200 group set but it's just started to skip gears.

Asking you lovely people what good budget oriented groupset can I change to, want to replace everything (already have a set of clarks v-brakes ready to go on) wanting new gears, brake levers, drivetrain front and rear derailleur etc.

Hoping to hear some feedback on parts or if anyone else had own one of these then and now.

Attachments

• PXL_20240826_175219319.jpg
    PXL_20240826_175219319.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Isn't it a 7 speed freehub, so you'll need to stick with that? Rf+ 7 available though, then use separate v-brake levers.
STX is the nicest gearset 3x7, but you might want bigger chainrings if its for town'n'country riding, so keep the GS chainset

Isn't it a 7 speed freehub, so you'll need to stick with that? Rf+ 7 available though, then use separate v-brake levers.
STX is the nicest gearset 3x7, but you might want bigger chainrings if its for town'n'country riding, so keep the GS chainset
Yes it's a 7 freehub. And I'm not fussed about size of chainrings as I just mostly cruise at my own pace, sometimes belt it but that's rare lol.

And stx are those for gear shifters?

Stx for nice 7sp detailleurs - the brake levers were canti, so you'll need to go more modern.
(By the time vs were normal, 7 speed was for supermarket bikes)

Sl-m315 rf+ still available.

You'd be surprised how annoying a small chainset is if you're on tarmac🤣

Stx for nice 7sp detailleurs - the brake levers were canti, so you'll need to go more modern.
(By the time vs were normal, 7 speed was for supermarket bikes)

Sl-m315 rf+ still available.

You'd be surprised how annoying a small chainset is if you're on tarmac🤣
When up to speed can out speed the boy and wife on their electric scooters they do about 20mph

Back