91 Orange Aluminium 'O'

Re:

yep, cable into noodle – measure to fit for a gracefull curve. don't necessarily need the end cap on either.

Shame you sanded that handle bar...You could just spread the lever clamp with screwdriver before sliding them on handlebars.

Dare":fw93zn81 said:
Shame you sanded that handle bar...You could just spread the lever clamp with screwdriver before sliding them on handlebars.

Tried that first, snapped the clamp clean off before it spread wide enough to fit. The powder coat just added too much diameter, sanded areas are all hidden so no biggie.

Re:

It's almost finished, just the new decals to fit and a full shakedown run to do, reassuringly nothing fell off when I took it for a spin round the driveway :D

I had bought mudguards but the lines are so clean it seems a shame to clutter it up :? .

Re:

I had one of those bottle cages bitd. Also had a white one so put white against orange seat tube and orange against white down tube on my orange/white fade Clockwork. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":2msbx7cv said:
I had one of those bottle cages bitd. Also had a white one so put white against orange seat tube and orange against white down tube on my orange/white fade Clockwork. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I've got an Orange Juice bottle to go with it ;) .

Thanks, there are at least two more cars than are strictly necessary :oops: , although the eTron is great if anyone's considering electric.

I think I'll lacquer the decals, in hindsight I should have done that prior to assembly :? . Other than that and a chain stay protector I think it's about done for now. I'm really happy with it, even if the purists may not be fans :twisted: .

I have a box full of the original components if anyone is interested, Deore DX groupset, Suntour front mech, other stuff, all serviceable if a little tarnished.

Re:

Well I'm one of those pesky purists but the finished article looks rather nice, good job (no sure about that saddle though :LOL: ).
Good to see another of these bikes saved and getting used :cool:

Latest posts

Back