'91 Alpinestars CroMega Singlespeed Conversion

peelywallysnr

Dirt Disciple
Just waiting for a chain tensioner and she's good to go. The original paint job was knackered, the cable guides were all mashed and someone had done an amazing job on the fork's steerer with a hammer. Forks were unsalvageable. I removed all the cable guides and the from mech mount. Then had the the frame stripped and resprayed by a local guy who does it professionally. New graphics from Gil, some Avid v-brakes (for better braking), reducer cups (to fit 1 1/8 headset instead of the 1 1/4) and a pair of Project 2's from raidan73. The wheels are the original Exage/Araya set-up converted for single speed and shod with a pair of Continental Trail kings 2.2". I'm quite pleased with the result. Looking forward to getting out on her!

p5KjWK1jj

pa5IUWfKj

That's pretty sweet looking!
I would have bodged a make shift tensioner, childish excitement would have won and the premature ride would have happened while waiting for the tensioner to arrive!
Nice ride.

Thanks guys! I can't stop looking at it. The paint job was exactly what I had in my mind's eye so over the moon that it's come out so well. I know what you're saying Bicycle Addict but I'll just hold off till the tensioner arrives and gaze lovingly at it in the back garden ;)

Re:

Nice work, great save. I just received a '92 frame that I will build as singlespeed. Hope it will end up as nice as yours.

Back