89 kona catalogue

I still use my 1989 bought Kona Cindercone. Still has original kit except for rear brake which I changed to Magura (although I'm sure I have the ubrake in the garage).

Its the one with the Red and Yellow flecked paint work and I can still remember the day I bought it, the shop I got it from (sadly closed long time ago) and even the free t-shirt they gave me as it was the first Kona they had sold.....those were the days!

Its still a great ride

sorry to revive a super old thread but i picked up this lava dome today in portland, oregon and it appears to be an 88/89? u brake is still present as is most of the original components. looks like just the tires and seat are not original. thought i'd share as i was trying to research the year and the sticker set matches the 88/89 models.

Attachments

• IMG_3651.JPG
    IMG_3651.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 540
oliverstains":2ukaqz5y said:
sorry to revive a super old thread but i picked up this lava dome today in portland, oregon and it appears to be an 88/89? u brake is still present as is most of the original components. looks like just the tires and seat are not original. thought i'd share as i was trying to research the year and the sticker set matches the 88/89 models.

Very nice, defo 88-89 and in a solid colour which we didn't get over this side of the pond.

Back