84 Saracen ATB Citybike

Yeah that'd do the trick, just not really ideal unless he gets a faceplate style stem, the old school clamp ones will prove a ******* fiddly job I think.

Yes shims is an option, with some funky set up, but ive tried a few looks and the whole thing just looses its soul somehow.

Its the problem with long, high stems and risers.....belive me i know, every bike i ride daily i pretty much curse the look of, but.....I keeps on on them!

Definitely no reason not to be happy with. I think it is very complete, the kit matches and everything. It looks like it was designed to look the way it does. If I'd seen that in a shop window I'd have lusted for it.

I guess it serves its purpose too, a comfy bike you can ride round town and unto a bit of fireroad to take in the scenery. I guess not every bike we own needs to be a joy for hours in the saddle. Horses for courses and that.

Is the goal to find something a bit bigger to go down the route of a more comfy long distance 26 tourer sort of ordeal? How large does a frame need to be?

ive actually just sent a box full of bits to gav at August bikes to jig up into new stems for me to solve the same issue on my 2 other ongoing projects.

Tall, bad back, older, wanting to keep to 26".....all a recipe for stem-ageddon. 😆.

I would love to still be riding round on race geometry bikes with tiny frames, but then I wouldn't be riding long!

Then tbh, im not sure I do want that. Only the other ride, I was berating myself for my slow, plodding speed.....thinking "my god! Your 21 yesr old racing self would be so embarrassed "....

But then, I would be pretty embarrassed of them.....they were a tit a lot of the time🤣

How large does a frame need to be?

Its more about head tube size. Unless i have a mile of stem and risers. But unless its custom and built for a similarly weird individual.....im going to struggle.!

Its why I built the 2 others this year. 1 touring, 1 off road. Both 26" wheels....its probably my last 26" rides, before i bite the bullet and get gav to build me a custom 700c frame.

Latest posts

Back