Wanted 80s ISO taper Triple Chainset - Stronglight, etc

sjcprojects

Orange 🍊 Fan
I'm looking for an ISO taper Triple Chainset - so probably something like Stronglight, TA, etc. Needs to work with the rather long 130mm Stronglight BB I have.

If Stronglight, then standard extractor thread please (which I think means post 1982?). Not too fussed on condition as long as they are reasonable.

Last edited:
Got a Campag Chorus or Centaur (Road). Choice of outer ring, 48 or 53, 39 middle and 30 inner. Also with BBs to suit. Say £50 for the Chorus, £40 for Centaur, £15 each for the bottom brackets?
53545680960_700bfc7181_b.jpg

53545681780_c83a24042f_b.jpg

Thanks @hamster - I realise I should have been more specific - I’m going to keep the BB I have which is a 130mm Stronglight one (one of those asymmetrical ones).

I think Campagnolo triples only use a 115 or similar? Certainly I would think they would sit too far out for a decent chainline?

Sorry about that, I’ll edit my original post…was up too late last night!

IIRC there was a 49D or similar on the Cycling UK forum earlier this week. You can get them to run as triples with the longer chainring bolts.

IIRC there was a 49D or similar on the Cycling UK forum earlier this week. You can get them to run as triples with the longer chainring bolts.

Thanks - yes, I think 49D and 99 models can run triples with the right bolts, but those are pretty hard to come by, I think (I know there are still longer bolts for newer Stronglight models available but I have no idea if they work with older models, I suspect not).

Back