700c wheeled lady's frames Now sorted thanks for the offers!

RAFbikes

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
hi, I know some of you have dabbled in the dark arts (road bikes) so do you know if any of the good makes did a lady wearing a dress type framed hybrid and more to the point do any of you lot have one kickin about?

It's for me mam, and I'm going to go all out on this one so It can be any condition as long as the frame's straight.

Staf.

If you'd accept a vintage frame? I have a 531 framed Philips mixte that I haven't built yet. It's from 1950ish, freshly refinished in its original dark green livery. Of course, it's designed for 27 x 1 1/4 wheels, but 700c will fit in with lots of aincient and modern braking options, and it will happily take modern parts or a period hub gear or derralieur setup (any of which I could supply).

Very, very good quality, light and nice! Utterly trustworthy, ready for the next 50 years now it's sorted.

£95 posted? Lots of companies did make good ladies frames, but the only ones left are Thorn, Rivendell and Mercian, all of which are very, very expensive.

looks to equate to about an 18" frame

pre restoration:

muddy_fox_mixte_157.jpg

This is the Philips:

DSCN0010.jpg

I've got the forks, but not indoors, and it's cold! They're very classy, with quite a lot of rake.

Frame is about 21", which is for quite a small person in vintage bike terms.

Size?

Have a 53cm Faggin Oria road frame my wife whinged about and never used as it wouldn't take a kickstand and rack.....

Any good?

New frame ALU 7005 21" 50 euro but....
I see what you mean that looks cool I'll have to check the size of her existing bike and get back to you.

Size?

Have a 53cm Faggin Oria road frame my wife whinged about and never used as it wouldn't take a kickstand and rack.....

Any good?

As I say, I need to check the size can you add a picture please bud?

Staf.

Back