6000RD help to get this into road.

Traani

Devout Dirtbag
So as i have this never ridden 6000RD frame,i ve been starting to think about getting it into road-ready condition.Im doing it in low budget,with used parts,and in no way im goin to restore it.as i like single speed bikes.

Im heavy and tall guy,almost 100kg´s so im not looking for any "the lightest and skinniest" gear,its more important that parts are durable.

Due to this and my budget,ive been thinking about installing mountain bike cranks,they are rugged and chainwheels are easy to get.My bb´s width is 68 mm`s,so id like to ask what would be good total width of the axle.I´d bet its somewhere between 108 and 110mm ???ofcourse it depends on the cranks,but right now i have pair of truvativ hussefelts with isis.
I realise they are bit akward looking,with the frame but hey,they WONT bend.

Also,ive got a pair of campagnolo´s nuovo tipo hubs,but what ive been wondering is that will the usual shimano threaded freewheels fit into the rear hubs thread,or do have to search for some other freewheel,in size of 18 T ?

Next one: what are good rims,when durability is the most important thing,and pricerati too.Weight is not an issue at all,but they must take 32-35mm tires(not tubetires ),my frame wont ?!?! allow any wider ones i think,when youre running on 28" rims.

And the last one: any good cheap source for forks,new or used,but have to have a 1" neck,with total length of about 22-23 cm with few cm´s threads in it.my frame has long long necktube,with some bearing cups,it measures 20.3 cm´s you see,and almost all forks are cut too short.

:shock:

Latest posts

Back