6 speed Dura Ace

I remember having indexed six speed basic Shimano levers in about 88 on a Raleigh Rapide 12 speed. Not sure about Dura ace though. The basic levers had thick grey rubber covers slid over the ends. It was a pretty basic bike about one step up from a Raleigh Flyer.

Original 1970's 6 speed dura ace were non indexed, just a 6 speed frewheel at the back. The lever on that lo pro looks like a simplex retrofriction lever? Can't see much on this iPhone 3 lol

Shaun

Re:

An I Phone 3? You're very posh aren't you Shaun! :LOL: :LOL:

Yes it is a Simplex item ;)

Mike

7400 was the first model year for the slant parallelogram mech with the index shifting. Uniglide cassette then much later when it all went ramped and Hyperglide

7300 is the now very old fashioned looking shiny polished stuff rather than the more machined/ annodised look of 7400

7300 was also the last of the aero stuff too?

Just checked and my dura-ace levers, one is 6spd and the other is 7spd.

I'd have guessed my Dura ace chainset was from around '90 and the rear Mech was bought in '93, so a six speed matching Dura ace lever would be odd between these years with all the top range stuff being 7 or 8 speed as far as I remember? 7400 is the look I'm after really.

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2fk9vtk4 said:
An I Phone 3? You're very posh aren't you Shaun! :LOL: :LOL:

Yes it is a Simplex item ;)

Mike

Gave in tonight and swapped to a second hand I phone 5 from cyclechat ........ I'm thinking about an apple watch :)

Shaun

Re: Re:

Midlife":3ldl9dyi said:
Gave in tonight and swapped to a second hand I phone 5 from cyclechat ........ I'm thinking about an apple watch :)

Shaun

I understood the first half of that statement! :LOL: :LOL:

Back