3D Models / Printing Random Retro Bits

MSYT

Retro Guru
Editing this thread to contain all the little 3D models I've knocked up for random parts. They're all pretty accurate and fit the parts I've tried so far. Might be of use to some of you in the future.

I haven't uploaded the STL files anywhere just yet - Just a bit wary of people stealing the files and using them to profit from copies. Let me know if you need anything though

ST-M092 Covers - Not been able to verify the fit 100% just yet but I think they were pretty close...
ST-M092 cable cap 2.JPG ST-M092 cable cap.JPG

Raleigh Bomber Chain Guard
raleigh chain guard.JPG

MT60 Thumbie Cap
MT60 cap.JPG

MT62 Thumbie Cap
MT62 Cap.JPG

MT60/MT62 Thumbie Cable Cover - Pretty sure these fit both generations - I modelled it in both left and right even though I've only pictured one
Cable COver THumy.JPG

Magura Perches - I have two variants - I hadven't been able to print these off and test them for accuracy just yet
magura.JPG

Flexstem Bushings
flexstem.JPG

Derailleur Pivot Cover - I think this was modelled on an XT short cage - I remember I had to make an adjustment to go on a long cage as they're ever so slightly different.
derailleur pivot.JPG

Altus CT90 Covers - I modelled both sides but have only pictured the one.
Altus CT90.JPG

Last edited:
good work. likely 1 of the few parts of a thumbshifter that suffers over the years. when the topcap is damaged, but the plastic is intact, i've seen people glue on old penny coins/ quarters before, which looks better than you'd expect.

Have you thought about releasing the STL files ? I have a 3 d printer, been looking for this exact thing for ages. I would pay a small fee for this.

Hello, would it be possible to send me the STL file for this? It’s exactly what I need! Can figure out pizza money if that helps. Thanks

Nice work. 3d printing is outside of my wheelhouse so kudos to you.

If anyone is able to do a 3d print of the m952 rear hub cover, I reckon you'd not be hungry for pizza for a while.

Ooo I'll have to update this thread with all the other little bits I've made at lunch. And work out how to upload files and that jazz

Wow so sick! I’m actually in need of MT62 thumbie caps. I can print from the library with a file or if I could bother you to print for me and ship to the US, I’d work with you. Not sure how to DM since I've mostly just lurked the forums. Thanks for replying and posting your work!

Back