Sorted 2x Grafton Parts needed - Cable Grub Screw Stop & O-Ring bush?

Jam_SWorks

BoTM Winner
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
(Slight thread update - all sorted thanks)

Hi all, managed to source a set of black Grafton brakes for my Trek 8900. I’m just missing two important parts, as follows:

1. One of the Canti cable grub screw stops is missing. Anyone got one spare or know of an online link to something similar? diameter is 7.2mm / length is 8.5mm

2. Also I'm missing a plastic O-Ring bush that goes between the canti and spring housing.

As per photos below, anyone got any spares i could have / buy?

Thanks in advance
James

IMG_2696.jpeg

IMG_2698.jpeg

Last edited:
DiaComp will be metric, so if you can measure the diameter of the hole, I'll send you some of various lengths.
Ah good point... just measured it and diameter is 7.2mm / length is 8.5mm (length doesn't really matter though). Also realised I'm missing a plastic O-Ring bush thingy (bugger) so updated the thread accordingly

The other part you are looking for (plastic o ring…) is called
„Lip Seal“
This thing seems to be very specific for Grafton brakes. Some people here including myself are looking for one ore more of these lip seals…

People told me to contact John Grafton as he seems to be still in business producing his Speedcontrollers, Reentry levers, pedals…
I‘ve sent a mail but got no answer.
May be he also has an account on Facebook or Instagram… But I don’t.
If you should be able to contact him and get some of the lip seals… I‘d take some😉

Latest posts

Back