lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
hi all. last call before i chop the drop outs off.

i want a 17 ish inch steel hardtail frame with sliding drop outs, retro or otherwise but must be ok for my 80mm 1 1/8 fork. v brake preferred but disc not the end of the world. ideally would like a converted retro or something like a 16" inbred. condition not an issue as it'll get painted.

my frame is in good condition and rides really well, as can be testified by mikef350 and andy b if you want a second oppinion. it is fairly tidy but not a minter. few chips and a very slight ding in the top tube from the bar hitting it. cant really make out if it is dinted or just missing the paint.

ideally looking for a straight swap. i have loads of spares so could supply lots of parts to build pretty much a full bike if you are prepared to offer some cash or its a cotic or spot or something!

basically i need a frame but dont have cash!

lol. knew i forgot something!

2kxev.jpg

1z66p3k.jpg

more in the build thread - there's a link in my sig

Nice looking RM.

Brother has a azonic ds2 for 30quid.
It's alumium though but could do you until you have enough pennies saved to get a Spot or wotnot later on.
Was tempted meself but picked up a ti frame cheap so running that.

'flash' has a spot for 250 as well.

cheers for that but need xc and cant afford the spot. i have a set of slidey drop outs waiting to go in but as mike keeps telling me it does seem a bit of a shame to chop this.

i thought you had decided to convert the RM drop-outs for SS. why the change in mind? you seem to love the ride and if it's a keeper.

if it was a older or higher model, maybe then i'd contemplate it more.

RockiMtn":3kiuwa23 said:
i thought you had decided to convert the RM drop-outs for SS. why the change in mind? you seem to love the ride and if it's a keeper.

i understand what you are saying but there are 2 reasons.

1. if something goes wrong i've jiggered a frame

2. i dont know how fast the guy will do it and he's doing it free so i cant really press him.

3. slidey drop out inbreds are 140 quid off the shelf and i really like inbreds.

i do also really really like how this rides...

:?

slightly OT...

If you have any spare parts that would work on my Clockwork, I'll help fund an Inbred ;)

Would be a shame to change the drop outs IMHO, lovely ride, shame I bought that Clockwork on Sunday (sorry!)

lewis1641":13gztqh4 said:
RockiMtn":13gztqh4 said:

i understand what you are saying but there are 2 reasons.

1. if something goes wrong i've jiggered a frame

2. i dont know how fast the guy will do it and he's doing it free so i cant really press him.

3. slidey drop out inbreds are 140 quid off the shelf and i really like inbreds.

i do also really really like how this rides...

:?

i see you gave more than 2 reasons! :LOL:

Back