27 inch wheel and five gears

artgarfheinkel

Devout Dirtbag
OK I've got a front wheel for my 1980s Raleigh Richmond restoration job; now I'm after a 27 inch back wheel with five gears. Not sure what wheels these had. Raleigh rims and hubs? But anything decent considered. Thanks

Ive got a 27" wheel would work. Alloy rim. And loads of freewheels!

Are you able to collect in London, I'm a bit fed up of posting stuff all the time!

Matt

Hello thanks. I've discovered they had weinmann wheels, 27 inch by one and a quarter. Rear freewheel with five gears. You got those? Sorry I'm in nottingham. How much with postage? Can you post some pics?

Re:

I've got a Mavic GP4 rim with mavic hub and a 5 speed shimano cassette in good condition.

Tubular without tyre.

So far as I know it's a regular 700c, is that 27"?

artgarfheinkel":3jpxmzbi said:
Hello thanks. I've discovered they had weinmann wheels, 27 inch by one and a quarter. Rear freewheel with five gears. You got those? Sorry I'm in nottingham. How much with postage? Can you post some pics?

Ive got a pair of rigida rimmed 27" and the odd pair has one weinamnn rim, theyre all 27x 1 1/4"too. All mid to late 80's.

Ive got plenty of freewheels, i could do you a nice atom 5 speed to go with the maillard hubs.

Postage is only a fiver, its all the packing that stacks up.

sorry for late response. Soooo, you could do a Weinmann front wheel and a rear five speed on what kind of rim? Don't know what atom is. Must research this...
Are these alloy? With spokes?

5 speed Atom freewheel. £6 plus postage (£3 royal mail)

ffa4c13c9a6a27659df08f3ac8c42d02_zps60f203fc.jpg

Ive also got:

a (large flange normany maillard hubbed) front wheel, pretty sure its weinamnn rims but cant fond the writing. Good condition. 27 x 1 1/4". £25

Rigida rimmed rear wheel. Good condition. 27 x 1 1/4". £20

Rigida rimmed wheel-set, front and rear matching. Vgc. 27 x 1 1/4". £55

Postage is about £5-£10 with myhermes. Might take me a couple of days to find a box though..,

Cheers,
Matt

Back