26 " Spinergy Spox freehub body ?

Yes, see pictures in my post above
Hi, sorry, looks like you posted the picture earlier and I missed it. That is an earlier version hub. Believe it or not I am still trying to get the dam freehub body off the rear hub on my wheel. What a horrible design by novatec and shame on spinergy for using this freehub body on their wheel.

No, sorry. I ran a front wheel for a few years on a commuter but never had to service it. I see the spoke wrenches come up on Ebay occasionally and often see rear hubs for sale, presumably because the rear wheels aren't particularly strong.

I'll have a look at my Mk3 cassette body tomorrow for you, now retrieved from storage.

The wheels true up in much the same way as any normal steel spoked wheel, but are fiddly, since the adjustment is at the hub rather than the rim.
The spoke keys are pretty straightforward, except that you need two different keys, either or both splined or hex depending on your model. Hold the spoke still with one key while turning the nipple with the other key. If you don't do this, the spokes just twist and wind up. I think I have a few spare spoke key sets in the drawers.
Spinergy still sell compatible spokes, since they still make 26" wheels for the wheelchair market (where, confusingly, they are known as 25" wheels :rolleyes: Don't ask.). The spokes are sized by the overall lend-to-end length of the spoke.
The rear hubs are often for sale because the rear rims (made by Sun) wear out (and subsequently split around the circumference), and replacements are hard to find in the more exotic 24 and 30 spoke versions. Luckily the later 32 spoke ones are an easy swap with plenty of Mavic, Sun or Velocity rims.

All the best,

I'll have a look at my Mk3 cassette body tomorrow for you, now retrieved from storage.

The wheels true up in much the same way as any normal steel spoked wheel, but are fiddly, since the adjustment is at the hub rather than the rim.
The spoke keys are pretty straightforward, except that you need two different keys, either or both splined or hex depending on your model. Hold the spoke still with one key while turning the nipple with the other key. If you don't do this, the spokes just twist and wind up. I think I have a few spare spoke key sets in the drawers.
Spinergy still sell compatible spokes, since they still make 26" wheels for the wheelchair market (where, confusingly, they are known as 25" wheels :rolleyes: Don't ask.). The spokes are sized by the overall lend-to-end length of the spoke.
The rear hubs are often for sale because the rear rims (made by Sun) wear out (and subsequently split around the circumference), and replacements are hard to find in the more exotic 24 and 30 spoke versions. Luckily the later 32 spoke ones are an easy swap with plenty of Mavic, Sun or Velocity rims.

All the best,
this freaking wheel is crazy. I absolutely could not get the allen bolt out of the hub that holds the freehub body on. I used breaker bars, impact wrenches all while using penetrating oil. I am now trying to get a drill bit through the head of the bolt to hopefully breakoff the head so the freehub body just falls out. The novatech design is horrible. I have the smaller star wrenches but cannot find any of the larger size star wrenches for the spoke nipples at the hub. I also picked up a set of spynergy xyclones that are missing the rear end caps and freehub body and nuts which I cannot find anywhere. I had no idea how difficult it was to find parts and maintain these old wheels. I appreciate you responses.

Well, I've stripped my Mk3 down, and same problem here....just can't loosen off that hollow bolt on the back of the freehub on these.
I'll keep trying.
On the plus side, if you do end up drilling it out, or snapping the bolt, those Novatec retaining bolts are still fairly easily bought as spare parts.

I have a whole bunch of the spoke keys, so happy to send you a set of those FOC to keep you going.

All the best,

Well, I've stripped my Mk3 down, and same problem here....just can't loosen off that hollow bolt on the back of the freehub on these.
I'll keep trying.
On the plus side, if you do end up drilling it out, or snapping the bolt, those Novatec retaining bolts are still fairly easily bought as spare parts.

I have a whole bunch of the spoke keys, so happy to send you a set of those FOC to keep you going.

All the best,
Hello and thanks again for looking into this. I have begun trying to drill out that hollow bolt nut and and you would not believe how strong that bolt is. I have yet to get through it and I had to purchase a hard metal carbide drill bit.

I have the smaller spoke key but I cannot find the larger one. These spokes require both. Do you have the larger key?

I since purchase a set of 26" spinergy xyclone wheels and they are missing the freehub body, end caps and cone nuts. Are you familiar with this model?

Thanks,
David

Back