25 years of XTR infographic

Thias":1h4w5pym said:
Sorry, but I really don't understand what you're trying to say... Your pic is a mirrored, standard, non rapid rise derailleur.

Difference see here, note the cable roller on the rapid rise version:
http://www.retro-mtb.de/retro-fahrradte ... o-xtr-m951

Got to say it does need to have the roller and stretched out look if it's to be a true infographic ;-)

The wheel is also important as it was the first with a direct none bent loop outer cable routing, now used on Shadows (SRAM also)

Thias":15qvee12 said:
M900 5000km with one chain and casette: Modern crap: 1000km. That's 500% loss! ;)

That is funny but er... 80% loss..

That reminds me a true story my father told me about when my parents went to 'parent's day' at my sister's school many years ago. The maths teacher was explaining in exasperated tones that my sister only scored 35% in her maths test. My mother quickly replied "percent? what's that out of?". I imagine my father probably did a literal face-palm expression.

RadNomad":23kzcbdf said:
Thias":23kzcbdf said:
M900 5000km with one chain and casette: Modern crap: 1000km. That's 500% loss! ;)

That reminds me a true story my father told me about when my parents went to 'parent's day' at my sister's school many years ago. The maths teacher was explaining in exasperated tones that my sister only scored 35% in her maths test. My mother quickly replied "percent? what's that out of?". I imagine my father probably did a literal face-palm expression.

And..?

What was it out of??

I need closure!!!

:p

legrandefromage":33mzhlr6 said:
RadNomad":33mzhlr6 said:
Thias":33mzhlr6 said:

And..?

What was it out of??

I need closure!!!

:p

We dont know but it doesnt mean a 100. assuming no fractional marks, then the smallest is 20 questions and getting 7 correct.

Love it buddy, as I do all your work! :cool: (I'm usually seen wearing something with a DavySprocketMTB design on at least one day a week.)

Very cool!

Were the M950 type cranks the only XTR offered with different bolt BCD options? I know 5x94 and 5x110 were available at some point, no?

jimmythefly":3h0pcsvl said:
Very cool!

Were the M950 type cranks the only XTR offered with different bolt BCD options? I know 5x94 and 5x110 were available at some point, no?

Yep, that's right! It was actually a removable spider (though both configurations were available for purchase as complete crank sets) - I guess they thought there'd be a backlash to a proprietary BCD.

adamcoop280":h5gygobw said:
jimmythefly":h5gygobw said:
Very cool!

Yep, that's right! It was actually a removable spider (though both configurations were available for purchase as complete crank sets) - I guess they thought there'd be a backlash to a proprietary BCD.
Inlove a fellow retro geek, especially ones who I learn new things from!
:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back