2012 Kona Entourage build - going for a retro throwback style

Roasted

Kona Fan
I've been looking for a retro DH bike for a while but nothing special enough came up, if it did, the seller didn't reply or were too far away. Drunk me was obviously getting frustrated at the lack of progress so bought sober me a 'not very retro' Kona Entourage.

I'm relatively pleased with this as it was very cheap and is a decent DH frame. What I'm not so happy about is the frame has had a terrible rattle can paint job over the top of the decals and a broken pivot bolt. The photos in the listing, all 2 of them, were obviously older as the decals were still white. The good news is it came with some extra bits, brakes, mech, shifter, cranks, bars, stem, headset, seatpost and saddle.

20241024_214908.JPG
20241024_214956.JPG

20241024_214923.JPG
20241024_215622.JPG
Assuming I can get a new pivot bolt, my plan, which will probably take me years to complete, is too do it in the style of the 1999 Stab Dee-Lux. This was one of the craziest designed off the shelf DH bikes available at the time, I think the blue/grey combo would suit the Entourage well. I have some local motorcycle paint shops near by that I hope can do the paint and I hope Retro Decals can do Entourage decals in the Stab style.
Screenshot_20241024-220041~2.png
I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together.

Back