2009 Giant XTC 2 -> Now a 2009 Specialized FSR XC Elite!

hmmmmmmmmmm really? front one does not need to be that long - also the lockout cable/hose can be strimmed.

That's the old build, all parts have been transferred to a new frame and fork per my post a few up. They fit nicely on new setup.

Had the first ride out on the bike on Sunday. It was great, really pleased with it. The pro-pedal switch on the shock is really handy to have. Flicked it on for the climbs and opened it up for the downhills. Despite the big change in the bike I didn't feel hampered on any of the climbs, but definitely felt more comfortable on the DH's.

My friend has the Red and White one too. Really is a great bike. I'm finding the pro-pedal setting on the shock a really useful addition. Really changes the characteristics of the suspension.

Had the FSR out yesterday morning and got a good loop in round my local trails.

Also rebuilt the XTC! Since I took the pics I have changed the saddle and seatpost for SDG I-Beam bits. Think the XTC will be the bike I am taking to Alpe D'Huez in July.

Early finish from work and was greated with dry dusty trails on my local loop. It was one of those rides you dream of during the wet and muddy winter slogs.

The Giant is coming to Alpe D'Huez with me in a fornight, so done a little bit of work to it to get it ready. Original FSA headset was notchy. New bearings didn't help and neither did a good grease. So, quick trip to my local bike shop and a new cartridge bearing headset was sorted and fitted. Simple things, but it doesn't half feel better now! Put the Hope wheels on too from the FSR. Would like a set of SID's or Reba's on it, but may have to wait a little bit.

Back