2005 Trek Top Fuel 110 Team Issue - Repair and Restomod

Is it wrong to use non period decals?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I think that means 985 and 986 are non servo? And, the servo ones are 988? 🤷‍♂️
985 XC version with aluminium lever blade, chrome finish
987 XC version with carbon lever blade, grey finish
988 Trail version (Servo Wave), aluminium lever blade, chrome finish
?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure there were no 4 piston calipers for that era of XTR. Only Zee and Saint had them back then.

'Trail' version meant Servo Wave and finned pads, as mentioned in that link to MTBR.

Ahhh ok. I thought I saw a 4 piston version hence the confusion, must have been a newer XTR series.

Can you share a link to your pinkbike profile so I can see more of that lovley bike?

Cheers

Sure. I've had the frame for a couple years and put it through quite a number of different iterations.
It's been taken apart now because I got a nicer frame ;)

Something i forgot to post yesterday...

I offered up the rear brake caliper and discovered the lower hose guide was positioned really close to the disk mount meaning the hose would have far too tight of a bend in it and had to be forced into position to meet the guide. I really didn't like that so I removed the guide and repaired the area ready to re-attach it about a inch further up. Sorted 👍

20230816_161930.jpg 20230816_161920.jpg

Last edited:
I’m really enjoying this thread and following your progress. Some really nice attention to detail. Keep up the great work.

Back