2004 Marin Palisades Trail

philleeds

Old School Hero
17" 2004 Marin Palisades Trail.

Comes with FSA Orbit II Headset and Bottom Bracket (brand unknown).

It's got a couple of problems with;
1. The surface finsh is not the best, it is very fine and is easily chipped/scratched
2. The threads have been stripped in one of the V-brake boss mount hole.

However this is a strong and very light weight frame. It is also has disc brake mount holes.

£30 Posted

Attachments

• marin 3.jpg
    marin 3.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 3,176
  • marin 2.jpg
    marin 2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 3,176
  • marin.jpg
    marin.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 3,176
have you got a seat post for it?
What is the effective tt length?
What is the length from bottom to top of headset, measured on the frame as pictured?
What travel forks did you run?

sorry for the 20 questions :oops:

Don't worry about asking questions, I have more photo's if you want I'll post them on here.
Headset as measured on the frame 5-3/4" to 5-7/8" or 147mm (approx with a tape measure).
Top Tube length from centre of seat post tube to centre of headset tube is 22-1/2" (again approx).
The seat post I was using was slightly too small in diameter and even when tightly clamped would eventually start to drop, the best option would be to take the frame to a local bike shop and select a post that would fit perfectly.
I do however have a Hope 31.8 allen key bolt post clamp and a Shimano Deore XT (FD-M770) front mech along with various other components if required. A price on which can be negotiated.
The fork I was running where Rock Shox Judy XC which I think have around 80mm travel.
In my opinion this frame been later will be much more suited to a longer travel fork ideally with a disc mount ;)

thanks for the info so far ;)

just trying to find out the seat post diameter needed(can only see specs for the 2009 model though so far :? ...30.9mm

just measured the internal diameter of the seat post tube with a set of mechanical vernier calipers and there reading 26.6mm

Yep willing to post. I would have to find out what the cost is though and subsequently add to the sale price.

Back