2000-02 Manitou Mars Comp/SX/SXR firm / extra firm ride kit

pstake

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Got a basically new fork but can't find a ride kit anywhere. The same springs were used in the 2000, 2001, 2002 SX / SXR as well as the 2002 Mars Comp Coil.

Anybody have the firm or extra firm spring, or know where I might find one? Take-off is OKAY.

I have some vintage parts I could trade or do Paypal.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Phil

ps. answer/manitou part nos. 85-9219 and/or 85-9129 (one firm, one extra firm)

Hi Phil - I have a pair of Mars i'd like to get working fully.

I wasn't aware there was a spring other than air in these?

My pair are 'sticky' and 'judder' on the travel, i don't know why; they seem to have a firm spring rate even when i release some air out.

I'm 9st ish so would prefer a lighter spring, maybe swaps if yours is rated light?

I really have no idea what i'm talking about here to be fair.

:)

Sounds like a possibility Jonny but you may have another version of the Mars fork. I think there were four. Mine is the only one that is NOT air. It's coil only. The air/coil versions use different springs.

If yours sais "compcoil" on the leg, that's the one. Otherwise, not a match, unfortunately.

I believe the springs are color-coded, though. I think Yellow is firm and Red is medium (stock).

Yep - Mine are strictly air - just had a swatch at them and I loosened the TPC rebound dial off, it seems to have improved the stroke however i wont be sure until i re-attach them to a bike.

Good luck with your spring search.

Same ride kit / springs as 2001 Manitou SXR / 02' Six Deluxe

The springs / ride kits I'm looking for also would have fit a 2000 and 2001 Manitou SX/SXR and a 2002 Manitou Six Deluxe. Same part numbers for the firm and extra firm ride kits.

Anybody have one of these floating around with a stiffer spring?

Back