2 Kona Questions...

harleysteve08

Dirt Disciple
Hi, i'm building up a 95 Explosif with the ovalised tubing. Can anyone tell me the front mech i need to look out for? I have an XT 28.6 bottom pull that seems to be right but to get it low enough to work its now on the ovalised section and wont fit :(

The other question is i'm attempting to use a Middleburn RS2 crankset, the current BB is 68 x 110 but this wont allow the inner and middle rings to clear the stay (they just touch without fully tightening the bolt). Has anyone used this set up? i wondered if 113 is enough or should I go more?

Thanks chaps. Steve

You need a normal type front mech - i.e where the clamping band is above the workings/cage of the mech its self.

as for the bb you'll need a much longer one 12mm or so.

Thanks, I've fitted a 118 and it's spot on.
Still need to source the front mech, running triple 8 speed and rather confused by all the shimano numbering?
Any recommendations? I'm trying to keep to the upper end of quality to keep in with the rest of the kit.
Cheers.

No, he needs a conventional-swing and they only made FD M739 in top-swing. M737 and 738 were conventional-swing.

Hi, thanks.. i think its a 739 i have which is why i'm a little confused at the band on it doesnt 'sit' high enough and so it means it has to go down too low onto the ovalised part of the down tube (if all that makes sense)

Are there several versions of it? :?

The Kona voice of sanity. I did wonder if it might be t'other one

Listen to Anthony, he knows ALL Kona things ;)

Back