1999 Specialized FSR Sport Revamp

OliverGowen

Retro Newbie
I have been having issues with my ankles while skateboarding so I have been switching between biking and boarding and noticed the bike has been heavily neglected. We bought my wife a 2016 29" Specialized Stumpjumper and after riding hers, I still prefer my 26" antique a little better but it needed a few things.
A year or two ago I blew out one of the original tires that came on the bike and replaced it with a cheap on on ebay. After about a year they started to dry rot and crack again so it was necessary to get some new tires and tubes. The 25 year old sticky lizard grips had to vacate the bike as well. I took it for a test ride and still need to readjust the shifters and the bar ends to a more suitable position.

Current upgrades.
FIFTY-FIFTY Bike bar Ends
RockBros Grips
Front : 26 x 2.25 WTB Trail Boss
Rear : 26 x 1.95 WTB All Terrain

I shot the parts cannon at it and got new pedals, a seat and a couple other things along the way. I could get something better and more modern, but I enjoy the look of the bike and I just like riding the old school survivors you don't really see too often on the road anymore.

I was curious if anyone had any recommendations on a complete solid quality mechanic kit. I work as an automobile mechanic for a living and having solid quality tools is a must, and they get written off at the end of the year, so not worried about cheaping out on them by any means.

Also, Is there a resource where I could look up specs or dimensions? I would like to upgrade the bars and crank as well and not really sure of the route that would be best to go with that. I really like all of the FSR around this year, but also curious if you can just swap all the components over to another FSR frame?

I appreciate the time you took to read this and thank you in advance to anyone that gives advice or support! Pumped to finally find this group after I was google searching things and this forum kept popping up.

20240518_162719.jpg Bars.jpg oldtire.jpg Tires.jpg

Back