1999 Santa Cruz Superlight

DesertRyder

GT Fan
I don't need another but, Wanting what looks to be a 1999 Santa Cruz Superlight at my local Goodwill auction. I'm hoping local pick up only keeps the bidding low. What I can make out from pics provided. Aluminum frame, Race Face Chainrings, Deore RD, Fox Vanilla Float rear shock, unknown front suspension fork, V-Brakes. I know it's old tech but I like vintage
speedy.gif

What would be your opinion for worth. I still have about 4 days, and counting down, to decide what my highest offer will be.

SC SL 1.jpg
scsl.jpg
SC SL.jpg

I had once a superlight, but not even a picture of the bike any longer 😢,
therfore I do understand your desire...

With regards to the worth, the bike in the picture has quite nice parts, in particular the cranks, as far what I can see, and if I'm right, titan Sweet Wings with compact spider like these ones.
Those and the Proshift V-Brakes have already more value as the rest.
The fork seem to be an 1998 SID, just without upper decals.
So go for it and maybe it's wise to not just make a low ball offer.

The current owner seem to not value this bike, or is simply an idiot. Seat post is in wrong direction, strange cable routing from shifter and cheap rear mech (replacement). So someone has to save this bike anyhow...

Last edited:
Would have gone 200-300.

Have one I, bought for £300 in the uk.

Retro but modern enough to be comfortable whilst also allowing you to feel the trail, unlike 160mm travel bikes!

Attachments

• IMG_4594.jpeg
    IMG_4594.jpeg
    948.1 KB · Views: 11
Would have gone 200-300.

Have one I, bought for £300 in the uk.

Retro but modern enough to be comfortable whilst also allowing you to feel the trail, unlike 160mm travel bikes!

The winner very well have bid what you would have, or higher. Site doesn't show what his high amount is. Worth it? I'm sure. I was only going to buy it if it was a deal.

Already have a couple of full suspension bikes. A 97 GT STS DH and a 2003 KHS XC 504R

I was outbid by $2. Bike sold for $152. Who knows what the winning bidder's high bid was ....🚴‍♀️

And it's back to taunt me on local FB Marketplace. Seller's asking $350 :rolleyes:

Santa Cruz Superlight Mountain Bike​

$350

"This bike has two flat tires that will need to be replaced. Bike is fully functional and has several upgrades but needs a DEEP cleaning and possibly a service before heavy use. Local pick up in Las Vegas only. Can be delivered anywhere in Las Vegas for an additional $40. Cash only."

Last edited:
Wouldn’t take more than an hour to make look better. He bought a bargain at @152, that heads sets a Chris King for starters!

Latest posts

Back