1999 Marin B17

mattbrown

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Picked this up over a year ago, and mainly restored in last year, but yesterday fitted a new seat to match it to the spec according to bikepedia.

I would say it's a rare actual 19" frame, as it measure 20.5" to the top, whereas a lot of "19"" frames you see of Marin bikes are 17.5", because they've been measured 19" to the top

A lot of the important parts are original spec, but did have to replace the original bb, and non original grips, and tires, and did upgrade the original Manitou triple clamps to Marzocchi Junior T forks.

To help with the power of the early cable disc brakes, I've run the outer on the rear all the way to the brake, and used prelubed Jagwire out casing, and they're not too bad.

The shock, although the coil is rusty looks and feels in good condition.

IMG_20240812_201431.jpg

Last edited:
Picked this up over a year ago, and mainly restored in last year, but yesterday fitted a new seat to match it to the spec according to bikepedia.

I would say it's a rare actual 19" frame, as it measure 20.5" to the top, whereas a lot of "19"" frames you see of Marin bikes are 17.5", because they've been measured 19" to the top

A lot of the important parts are original spec, but did have to replace the original bb, and non original grips, and tires, and did upgrade the original Manitou triple clamps to Marzocchi Junior T forks.

To help with the power of the early cable disc brakes, I've run the outer on the rear all the way to the brake, and used prelubed Jagwire out casing, and they're not too bad.

The shock, although the coil is rusty looks and feels in good condition.

View attachment 875914

You've done a great job restoring this Marin bike, especially with the thoughtful upgrades like the Marzocchi Junior T forks and improved cabling for the disc brakes. Running Jagwire casing all the way is a smart move for better braking power. The attention to detail, like fitting the seat to match the original spec, really brings the build together. Any future plans for other upgrades? My brother suggested I try academized.com and I’m so glad I did. The service was excellent, and the work I received was well-researched and written perfectly. If you’re like me and need help with your assignments, this service can really help. It made the whole process so much easier, and I was able to meet all of my deadlines without any stress. I’m really satisfied with the quality of work and would highly recommend this service to others.
Nice one, I love it.

Latest posts

Back