1999 Manitou SX-R service adice please.

Ask the few elastomer makers on here. I have a replacement set (I think) so could measure up.
I of course could well not have a set, it could be for something else.
Pick the nearest one to you, chap in Sheffield, chaps abroad.

Hello friends,
New here and I'm not sure if digging out an old post is allowed :D but old fork = old post and maybe for future it's better to have it together.

Please, I do have SXR (I have identified it as 99/00 model, with disc brakes mounts) on older (and unidentified) Focus bike.
My question: I do find it a bit stiff (strong? sorry being not native speaker) - and I think it's spring probably.
Are there any options - of course not original after 25 years :)
Spring is 150mm (6in) long, 12.3mm (0.49in) outer diameter.

I have orange one there and I am 70kg (155lbs). I read all manuals, all threads, tried TPC and damping, changed the oil to 5WT, then 2.5WT and still a bit tough.
But I haven't found any info on this. Usually only yellow / red / blue but orange?

(Overall the fork is in nice condition, clean, undamaged, elastomers look fine - I have freshly changed oil with correct level according to manual& grease with grease gun. Somebody was taking care. And I am satisfied with the look, so it's difficult for me to change - also it's about money unfortunately.).

Thank you for any advice / info and hello from Slovakia.

P.s. this is my first suspension fork, so I can also be totally wrong about how it should be - is there any objective test besides my feeling that I'm getting more bumps than needed? :)

Attachments

• 20240912_185549.jpg
    20240912_185549.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240912_194010.jpg
    20240912_194010.jpg
    572.1 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back