For Sale 1999 Kona Explosif. 20" Reynolds 853 frame, recently rebuilt. £400 (or thereabouts)

Johnny Ragwort

Dirt Disciple
Classic Kona MTB in Reynolds 853 and fitted with Manitou Spyder R forks. Recently rebuilt from a bare frame including new wheel bearings, chain, cables, brake pads, headset and bottom bracket. Features some pretty desirable retro kit - my MTB mates tell me this is the bike they lusted after back in the early 2000s - including Shimano LX shifters and V brakes and XT 3x9 drivetrain. (Annoyingly, the outer chainring has lost some of its anodising from its ultrasonic bath, but it still works fine!) The wheels are Mavic X517 rims on rebuilt LX hubs. Rides beautifully and is very cool, but MTBs are just not my thing and I've ridden the grand total of about five miles on this since I bought it in May, so it's got to go. Frame size is 20"; I'm 5'11" tall with a 31" inside leg and it fits me as set up in the pictures. The tyres are mismatched, but I didn't replace them since there's loads of life left in them yet. There are the usual paintwork chips you find on a bike of this age, but overall it's in fine condition. Open to offers around £400. DSCF0645.JPG DSCF0648.JPG Collection from Ross on Wye preferred, but message me and I'll see about delivering it to you. DSCF0636.JPG DSCF0637.JPG

Back