1998 Kona Explosif work in progress

nice bike/thread - I recently grabbed an 18” for a song off the dreaded FB marketplace, but am having some logistics issues in getting it up to where I’m at, sadly.

Hey Moonlite, I am somewhat new to posting here and have not yet figured out how to PM you.. but I have the same 98 Explosif (in Aus) that came sans fork, and would be interested in your Atoms if you keen to re-home to a like Kona? :)

Hi Mate! Keep posting -- there's a wealth of knowledge here to address your every question. I do rather want to hang onto the original Atom Bombs, though -- eventually they'll go back on this bike, when I've had a chance to get them serviced.

I do have a few other Marzocchis in the shed if you need something just to get you riding. Let me know!

Not to derail the thread, but I have the exact same Z2 in blue from an 18" explosif in Sydney if you are interested. It has had a life and is missing one of the knobs on top, but probably still works. Let me know if you are interested.

Hi Mate! Keep posting -- there's a wealth of knowledge here to address your every question. I do rather want to hang onto the original Atom Bombs, though -- eventually they'll go back on this bike, when I've had a chance to get them serviced.

I do have a few other Marzocchis in the shed if you need something just to get you riding. Let me know!

Hey, no problem, I totally understand! I appreciate the offer on something else, but in this case I am trying collect original bits. I am guilty of having a few other (too many?) bikes to choose from, so I am sorted for something else to roll on for the moment. :)
Good luck with the service!

Not to derail the thread, but I have the exact same Z2 in blue from an 18" explosif in Sydney if you are interested. It has had a life and is missing one of the knobs on top, but probably still works. Let me know if you are interested.
Yeh, my apologies for creating the distraction. Indeed I could be interested (I am in Sydney too). Thanks for the thought. I think I just need to get a few more posts in before a PM will work! :)

Yeh, my apologies for creating the distraction. Indeed I could be interested (I am in Sydney too). Thanks for the thought. I think I just need to get a few more posts in before a PM will work! :)
@TheAntsPants, if you figure out a way to connect, I am happy to discuss offline? I could post a wanted add on the RetroMTB FB group if you go there too?

Back