1998 Giant TCR

cyberknight

Dirt Disciple
Final update of my Giant TCR team once retro mod
Changed the groupset to 10 speed 105 with tiagra derailliers
Wheels updated to superstar components end of line set that cost the grand total of £37
chainset changed to miche square taper 10 speed chainset
Seatpost kept slipping so changed the clamp and post as i cant get on with single bolt stuff
Quill stem changed to threadless with an adapter as although i could change the stem that was way to long it made it easier to set the bike up.
Clipboard01.jpg

Mine came with a full Mirage group also (3x9) hated it, now rolling very sweetly with full Dura Ace 7700
yes , mine was the same and like you i couldn't get on with it , the only part of the build i used the lbs for was to remove the old BB as i was not going to buy the tool for the campag BB as a one off job. I have always wanted to try campag and nothing against it but nah ....

Mine came with a full Mirage group also (3x9) hated it, now rolling very sweetly with full Dura Ace 7700
Surprised that a TCR, which is their top line of bikes came with Mirage? Would have expected Chorus or better

You sure it was a TCR and not an OCR?

Surprised that a TCR, which is their top line of bikes came with Mirage? Would have expected Chorus or better

You sure it was a TCR and not an OCR?
Hard to say, mine says total compact road in team once colours , research led me to that date based on what i could glean as there are not many definitive resources .

Latest posts

Back